Sunday, July 5, 2009

Home Care and Homeschooling


It's been a while since my last blog.
We got our Taekwondo pictures back! I let him pick out his own background. His turned out PERFECT! Except for his swollen big toe that got stuck under the door... and that mosquito bite on his forehead.
I have been really busy lately. I have been working. I found a great way to help people, make money and keep homeschooling! It's been working out really well for us so far.
A friend's Mom recently had a short stay in a nursing home for therapeutic rehab. Once she was released she would need 24 hour care. I offered to help if my little boy could come too. Of coarse they gratefully accepted, they need all the help they can get and they love kids too. So I did that for a while. It was nice there. I could take care of that sweet lady and while she was resting or watching TV I could read to my son and work on our books. (We are both writing books, I think He will get published first! Mine is still in early stages.) Sometimes I would bring Art supplies and let him draw or color or make things too. It was nice to work with such a wonderful lady. They have since gotten a lady that can stay with her 24-7 so we got a little break.
My mom's boss also needed someone to help her mother-in-law who needs total care due to Alzheimer's 1 or 2 days a week. So we started doing that in July. Same thing, I can take my son, and teach him while we are there and still make a little money. I also think it is a good thing for this lady to see a little one around. She sometimes laughs when he says things that are funny or cute. Plus I think it is good for him to see that we need to care for and love and respect our elders. We participated in the Alzheimer's walk a couple years and now he understands what it is a little better.
I am glad we are making a little money I am planning on taking him to the Curious Kid's Museum in St. Joseph MI pretty soon, plus we are going to a Silverhawks game this week or next week. The 4-H fair is this week too. I also would like to take him miniature golfing this year. He seems to be really interested in golf. Not to mention the Taekwondo Tournament in Kendallville is coming up fast and that is going to cost us quite a bit too. (I need a new uniform.) Then there are the Birthdays and Reunion. The money just seems to flow in the wrong direction, always away.
Things are really going well here. Enjoying life, loving and learning together.

No comments:

Post a Comment